A number of colleagues have already jumped on the story and have expressed their views. A number of political analysts have begun delving into and examining other reasons why the government would pick this time to do this and I think that we should think about this as well.
Obviously the first thing is that it is an election years and bear in mind that the governor is one of the super delegates and a democrat. Both Obama and Hillary were scheduled to meet with Anibal Acevedo Vila in the near future. This incident will most surely cause some problems within the Puerto Rican communities in the states. There is also the simple matter of revenge voiced by former PNP governor Romero Barcelo who claims to be the finger man or Rat as is known in police terminology. Click here for that story. This is the same governor who was involved in the Cerro Maravilla incident here in Puerto Rico when he was governor.
1. Gather information on their immorality.
2. Show them as scurrilous and depraved.
3. Call attention to their habits and living conditions.
4. Explore every possible embarrassment.
5. Investigate personal conflicts or animosities between them.
6. Send articles to newspapers showing their depravity.
7. Use narcotics and free sex for entrapment.
8. Have members arrested on marijuana charges.
9. Exploit the hostilities between various persons.
10. Use cartoons and photographs to ridicule them.
11. Use disinformation to confuse and disrupt.
12. Get records of their bank accounts.
13. Obtain specimens of handwriting.
14. Provoke target groups into rivalries that resulted in deaths.